Admission Guide for Research Students in the Graduate School
“Research students” are allowed to study in the fields of their interest under their academic supervisor’s guidance. However, they are neither eligible to earn credits and a degree, nor considered as full-time students such as “undergraduate students” and “graduate students”.
- ・To apply, applicants must obtain your supervisor’s informal consent. Refer to the following URL for contacting UEC faculty members：
- ・The application will be completed only when you submit the form and other requested items in person to the International Student Office and pay the screening fee in cash at the Cashier Desk, Financial & Accounting Office. In other words, you must visit UEC to file your application. If you are out of Japan, you have to ask your proxy in Japan to visit UEC as directed.
Qualifications for Application
- 1. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher academic ability.
- 2. Regarding the “equivalent higher academic ability” above, there is a possibility of acceptance for graduates who have completed less than a 16-year-education in accordance with the education systems of each country. In this case, applicants must consult with the expected academic supervisor and the International Student Office in advance (more than 10 days before). However, even if the application is accepted, applicants have to pass a screening of qualifications separately when an applicant applies for the graduate school. Please apply with full understanding of this requirement.
- 1. APPLICATIONS UEC (the University of Electro-Communications) RESEARCH STUDENT for 2016 (Annex1)
- 2. Subject of Study and Study Program (Annex2)
- 3. Academic supervisor confirmation sheet (指導教員確認書) (Annex3)
- 4. Certificate of graduation (highest level of academic background) (original)
- 5. Certificate of academic degree (In case of a future graduate, submit a certificate of prospective graduation and them submit the certificate of academic degree as soon as it is awarded.)(original)
- 6. Academic transcript (final academic background) (original)
- 7. Photocopy of passport (photo and name page) ※In case he/she is an overseas applicant and does not hold a passport, submit a photocopy of the official identification.
- 8. Resident card (Only for domestic applicants. Bring the original resident card and it will be photocopied)
The prescribed application forms can be downloaded here.
- All applicants should refer to the following URL (in Japanese) to prepare your application:
- ※ Be sure to obtain your academic supervisor’s signature and seal on both the application form and Check Sheet for Academic Supervisors before submission. If not, your application will be rejected.
Tuition and Other Fees
|Screening fee||9,800 JPY||(Paid in cash when submitting the application)|
|Entrance fee||84,600 JPY|
|Tuition for 6 months||178,200 JPY|
- ※All of the above will not be refundable once payment has been lodged.
- ※All the above are subject to change.
- ・The term of residence will end March 31 of an academic year. If you wish to continue your research activity at UEC, you are obliged to submit a request for extended residence (maximum two years including initial period), during the designated period.
- ・During a term, when you become a UEC graduate student, or if you must leave for personal reasons, you are obliged to submit a request for discontinuance of research. Please be aware that you are not allowed to stay in Japan with the visa status of “College Student” if you stop your research activity. As needs arise, UEC checks with your accepted laboratory to confirm whether or not you will continue.
Application Periods (Please refer to the admission guide for details )
|December 1(Tue) and 2(Wed), 2016||Application period|
|Late December||Notices of results will be sent|
|Fall Semester Enrollment; semester begins in October 2016
※will be announced in Mid-May
|Late June||Application period|
|Late July||Notices of results will be sent|
- ※You must ask your proxy in Japan to visit UEC for filing your application.
All applicants will be screened according to their submitted documents.
Notice of Result
All applicants will receive a notice of result by registered mail.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
International Student Office : email@example.com
Office Hours Weekdays 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (except 11:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
※All the above are subject to change. Please refer to the admission guide for details.